Saturday, December 14, 2019

sIX Months

"6 months does not a year make”

Changed a Neil Simon Line from Barefoot in the Park, but it applies.  It has been a long haul, but yet WE have only just begun.  Melissa is doing awesome work at PT; working on the speech, cognitive and physical skills.  She is getting much better at dressing herself and getting around with some assistance ("spotting" her like in tumbling class).  After being home for a bout 3 weeks some of the circuitry connected and She made some big leaps.  Lately we have been on a plateau, but that is fine I will take that over the suffering I saw this woman endure.  

I don't know what to expect in the next few months, except more marginal gains that add up to a huge step up.  No pressure, no worries, "time and patience" as Dr. Liefer the Neurologist said last time we visited him.  I knew that from the beginning--"Marathon" as Dr. Eisenbrock the neurosurgeon said to me in his first sentence.  No hello, no how did this happen, just we need to get your wife in surgery to save her life.

Melissa is surprising in what she says at times.  Sometimes does not know what the day it is or date and then says something very wise and profound.  I enjoy her company and am not frustrated by the care giving tasks I perform/assist her with.  Thanks to my sister, Angela, she showed me the way to do this and how you have to "suck it up" as Coach Kiblai said in Junior High.  Melissa enjoys her days with Megan, when I go to NYC to spend a day in the office.  AND once in a while I get to ride my bike.  Not worried, those days will come, remember "patience and time".  Thank you to our neighbors Meghan Frost and Mary Lonsdale for their assistance over these past few months. 

Melissa is focused on goals we have talked about for the end of Summer.  This will be a HUGE task, but WE are willing to "go for the Gold" as they say.  

And on a very solemn note, WE both miss our precious little Cairo who went to the BIG green meadow just before heaven.  She will be waiting for us when me make our journey to the next realization.  I miss her every day.  So many things remind me of her and the way she approached her life, never complained and always hanging with US, her pack.  Melissa said she is not able to process it yet, which is fine all in good time.  We still have Nina Belle, "Forty Ninuh" is not Cairo but she is loving and gives Melissa comfort each day sleeping/resting by her side.

Thank you AWL for your prayers and good "vibrations" for Melissa.  Don't Stop NOW, there is more work to be done.  But know that if two or more agree on anything that they ask, then it shall be done for them.  By faith, positive thoughts, whatever your belief is; continue to believe in a complete healing.

Cairo PotterIx
1/1/2007--12/1/2019
We love you so much Rhoady Rho

No comments:

Post a Comment