Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What do I wear?

I am working on a job out of town, Springfield Missouri.  I have been painting, and tonight building parts of my set I designed.  I reacquainted myself with sawdust and shop dirt-not to mention "shop buggers".  And I am about to run out of clothes.  I am having the dilemma that my book character "Jimmy Jack" is having; although his is due to vanity.  "What do I wear?"  I am running out of clothes and no time to wash things.  Tonight I bought some Woolite and I plan to wash all my quick-drying things tomorrow morning and hang them up.  I just don't have the time in my schedule to go to a laundry-mat. And I hate running around smelling like the shop and general dust/dirt.  

I will resort to the bathtub like I do when out of town on a ride or race.  Put my wet clothing in  a towel.  Roll it up and then twist it to squeeze out excess water.  This works great and my kits and base layers dry fast.  So, in a day I will not have a fashion crisis like "Jimmy Jack".  He is worried about his appearance on his first day of his new job.  I am concerned about looking neat and clean; not homeless.

By the way, this past Monday I sent my book; "Jimmy Jack Gets a New Job" to the printers to create a hard and soft back version.  I will check quality and color matching.  If all goes according to schedule, I should have books by mid December to sell.  I am so excited.  I have worked on this on and off for 2 years.  Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment