Friday, August 16, 2019

I want to go home....


I know, I know....

So the Care Team at Helen Hayes is “kindly” aggressive in Melissa’s rehab program.  She is busy 4 times a day with some type of rehab coach.  I will get a complete report Monday or Tuesday from her Care Manager.  Going home now is not an option.  She has to be mobile and swallow, end of story.  No time for ”pity parties” or dis pare or you will miss the train to recovery and reintegration.

So I tell Melissa everyday when she asks when she is going home, I say you have to get with the program here and try at your pace to get “rolling”.  She needs to focus on mobility which leads to home.  I will continue to reinforce that with a positive spin.  There is no time for favoritism, codling or giving in, this is not summer camp—this begins a new life.

I know she can do this and I tell her everyday I see her, you are strong you can overcome.  

*pray for the fog to lift from her brain and her eyes 
**add a HUGE dose of patience to override frustration, this is not going to switch tracks from the local to the express; it could

#smallsteps #marathon #breathe #patience #confidence

No comments:

Post a Comment