Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Mrs. PotterIx speaks....

"So let it be written, so let it be done."

On my visit with Melissa today, she told me to relay this message.  

"I am not very social right now.  I need my rest.  I am very tired.  I am not feeling like myself."
"I only want to see Family members.  I am tired."

Melissa is struggling with her impediments at this time.  She needs the energy to focus on her therapy and healing.  There will be time for AWL to visit, but not right now.  I opened the doors for people to come for a visit, but it is too much for her to process.  WE have to respect her wishes.  I felt the same way when I was recovering from Open Heart Surgery.  People stare at you like you are a ghost--shadowy visage of your former self.  The next 2 weeks are crucial in her path to mobility and recovery.  She has come so far on her journey, but there is more to travel.

Sorry.  I will ask later how she feels about visits.  I watched her struggle today cognitively trying to find numbers and letters on a sheet of paper trying to literally connect the dots.  It was a challenge mentally, she finished, but not without pauses and apprehension.  You can tell from her facial expressions she is confused why this simple exercise is so much mental work.  

Please respect her wishes.  Thank you.

*swallow test with barium on Thursday--a HUGE event in the process of eating and drinking.

**Pray/Positive thoughts about the vocal volume; it works hand in hand with swallowing and eating, they are very related.

***DO NOT whistle backstage when Yul Brynner is in a show, he was REALLY superstitious; but of course he has passed.  Whistling was a way the Sailors (stagehands of the old days) signaled changes in scenery which might ruin the show or cause harm to the actors

No comments:

Post a Comment