Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Hasta La Vista....

"El Fin”

By no means is Melissa out of the woods when it comes to balance/mobility or dodging swallowing the wrong way and choking, but she is getting there slowly.  Remember I said small steps, marginal gains, long journey and marathon.  She will eventually be released to the next phase of her healing, but not until she is safe and will not hurt herself.  I have nothing else to report or write about and therefore.  I am done.

So this is my final submission.  Remember the old Virginia Slims slogan, "you've come a long way baby."  Well Melissa has done exactly that, from fighting for her life beginning June 15th to now.  I am proud of her tenacity, but I am dealing with a Fox who can be very sly.  She will be fine in the end, when that is WE do not know.  She may want to return to her old life or make changes (I hope) WE shall see.

It is interesting to know how many new people I have reached via the assistance of those who passed the “Daily M” along.  I am so happy to know that AWL were informed of their good friend’s journey.  Thank you so much. This was very therapeutic and creative for me who did not pay attention in high school English class because I was going to play football or baseball in college.  And if you see Mr. Livingston my College Prep English teacher, tell him that I did need to read Hamlet and know what a dangling particible is now.  Oh, and tell him I am not a clown like he predicted so many times that year in class. 

If you want to reach me, I will be in Pocatello, Idaho.  

p.s. Melissa has opened AWL your cards & letters sent since “June-ish”. She is really touched by your well wishes, support in tough times and love.  She thanks you very much and will be corresponding with you soon—no texts, no emails, no social media but the old fashioned way via USPS.

"Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are."

Elvis has left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment