Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Surrounded by here favorite things....

Moving to the next phase of Melissa’s journey.  She will be moved very soon to a “LTAC”.  For those who do not speak acronym (like me), that is a Long Term Acute Care Facility.  They will begin the process of weening her off the ventilator and give her mild PT for movement.  When this phase is done, however long it takes (you have 30 days according to our insurance; could be sooner depends on the patient) she will go to a Physical Therapy facility to work on her ability to get around.  I found a few near SPLKNJ, even one where I could ride my mountain bike for visitations, it is in Allaire Park.

Although I did not sleep well last night I am very confident for Melissa’s full recovery with some changes in her life.  She will need much support for not “diving” back into the flow of her old life. As a stroke victim you need to make changes and see life in a different light.  You may seem whole and readily able to handle the demands of life physically and mentally, but there is always a chance something could happen.  I live with this every day, I choose to acknowledge it but not be fearful.  I know, he rides a bike and he is crazy with an artificial valve and aorta stem repair to do such activity.  I was told I could remain active but with limitations in stress on my heart.  I have a personal “governor plate” on my activities.  I want to be around for a long time to torment you AWL. This will be Melissa’s real challenge—letting go and letting God (or whatever your higher power is in your life).

We will need to support her in this effort. You cannot jump back into the ocean if you forgot how to swim with a strong current.

News Flash
She has been moved to a “step down” floor which is actually one floor up and in a newer wing.  So maybe they want her to step up the pace. In any event she FINALLY has a room with a view.  Not bad ehhh....



No comments:

Post a Comment