Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Get on your bikes and ride....

So, yesterday Melissa peddled a machine called the Motomed Leto 2 Arm/Leg.  It is an E assist or peddle on your own machine.  She did 1.5 miles slowly.  But then again she takes her time to enjoy the ride.  I want to get from point A to point B quickly.  This really wore her out.  Before she started on the machine she said (lip reading) that I had to ride with her.  That’s the kind of togetherness we have.  

Today they finally pulled the nose feeding tube out and put in a stomach port.  This will enable them to give her more liquid food to build her strength back up.  The nutritionist will regulate the diet based on her needs physically. This is a good thing although I was hoping we would not need the procedure.  It is common and necessary.

Her Mother visited her briefly today with brother Mark.  She was glad to see them but was very tired from her procedure/anesthesia.  I stayed away today as I knew she would be tired and very sleepy. 

Instead I rode my bike 26 miles today for the first time since June 9th.  It was hot but I enjoyed every peddle stroke. Melissa would have wanted me to ride and continue my training for our next trip.  

Cairo lost one pound and I think she knows something is wrong.  I am sure our little “Moaning Myrtle” is missing her best friend. ( I will do for now, but the flow of treats is pathetic, I am sure).  “It is good to go to bed a bit hungry Cairo.  What?  Did you say where the sun doesn’t shine?” Cairo!”

Tomorrow will be a new day with better results and more steps towards the next goal.  Keep up the faith, belief in a higher power and a complete healing of mind, body and soul.

*BIKE-Koos
Searing Summer Sun
Road heat waves rise High
Sweat pours out

Evening Fireflies rise
Yellow Green light flickers bright
Conjures youthful memories

No comments:

Post a Comment