Sunday, June 23, 2019

Day 1–Week 2

Hey what’s up...?

I can no longer hide my vibe from Cairo she can smell and see it, even with that injured “malocchio” eye.  She is looking for Melissa and so is Ben.  And Nina W[h]iner Belle, she is looking for me as usual.  It is funny how our furry friends sense a change in the pack.  What are their concerns and anxieties.  Who’s gonna feed me, what about AWL those treats and I gotta go for a walk or you got a mess to tidy up....sorry.  

I jokingly say AWL the time to Melissa, “now that you have Cairo you don’t need me.”  They are connected or haven’t you noticed [hah].  Although, the Pupperooni is much like me, she doesn’t like to be smothered. Hey—just look at that face in the photo.

Starting on day one of week two and not much has changed that would be a big step.  Small gains are on the menu until we get her lungs rolling.  She is strong, but fighting all the time, I can tell.  Last week at this time I was really not sure how this was going to play out.  I couldn’t read the race except the pace was very slow and we need to be at the front to stay out of trouble.  If you are at the front say when a climb comes, then if you slide back a bit you don’t psychologically feel bad.  You can then on the descent navigate your way back to your former position.  She still maintains here position health wise.

We need to work on the lung strength and finding a calm spot to receive complete healing as a process. Process, process, process—my favorite part of designing after drawing, drafting and painting.  Cairo and Melissa need to “smell” and sense positive energy from AWL.  TRUST in the Healing Team and trust me that “Mommy will be back.”

#healingprocess #calm #treatsforawl #breathefreely

*Answering a Comment:  Cairo and Nina (nine-uh) like Fruitable Blueberry treats and Mother Hubbard Biscuit mini treats any flavor 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Todd for keeping us updated daily. Sooo grateful!! Sending M lots of love, prayers, support, strength, healing and positive energy !! We are here for you .. anything you need❤️ Cathy Ix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd,
    Even though we are far away, my brothers and I are saying constant prayers for Missy. As well as you, Al, Connie, Charles, Mark and Aunt Ann.
    With much love,
    Elizabeth, Bill in Vermont, Jon in California, Jeff in Boston and Greg in Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd - Just heard - Mis, you and the entire family are in all of our hearts. Love Brian and Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd, I hope your eloquent, heartfelt and heart-filled updates are helping you as much as they are us here on the sidelines. I pray Miss feels the positive energy from here and that some bounces on to you, you sweet man.

    ReplyDelete