Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Smile and maybe tomorrow....

“A smile is worth a thousand words.”

She smiled at me today when I first came in, but after that Melissa is in another place.  She is sedated but they are trying to find a place to bring her without anxiety and wasted energy. This is one of those roads on the plains that has an end but you can not see it until you see it.  But that smile was true and will never be forgotten.  That lifted my spirits today for sure.
*cue the Nat King Cole song “Smile”

Melissa still has more work to do, the “punch list” isn’t growing, just not checking off the boxes.  I have all my confidence in her ability to overcome and I project that to her.  Silently I tell myself to hang in there like those 1980’s posters of kittens hanging by their claws.  

WE AWL need to take a collective deep breathe and keep a tight grip on the tight line.  Melissa would do the same and more for US.  Keep sending the love and healing prayers.  Results here are not overtly seen, it is the small gains we focus on; it all adds up in the long run.  AND this is a long journey remember, but that can change....

*Thank you for the lovely Video, Cards and support—it is welcome and worth a HUGE smile and hug.

1 comment:

  1. patience, trust and faith are key. having gone through a brain injury with my son, as you know it is not easy. There are ups & downs, good days & bad.
    And as you have said, the brain is an amazing thing. We may not "see" the gains, but they are there.
    You are all in my thoughts. Stay strong & thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete