Saturday, June 29, 2019

That was a quick 2 weeks

The Beginning of another week
(Cairo is so serious, what a hoot)

It was 2 weeks ago this journey began.  Melissa has made considerable steps towards her healing.  We have many more “step/goals” to go. Today they are doing measured trials with her off the ventilator and well, not bad.  The quicker she gets back to breathing normally then she can move on to the next step.

Her numbers are good, BP could be lower but her body is healing.  She is going for a liver ultra sound today to see what is up.  And she still has some fever from the “brain thing”, normal. 

Her and I were trying to communicate.  If my sister Angela were here she could have interpreted.  She can read lips.  I flunked lip reading, but I can speak fluently and understand Mic-O-Say. Not to be confused with “you don’t say”.  (Rim Shot)

After an hour of point at an alphabet and looking at her lip movement I finally got it!  By George!  She wanted to call her Mom on her cell phone.  I got the C and then E, plus an L; this is like playing “Wheel of Fortune”.  She called her Mother with my help and then through me and the speaker option, she was able to tell her Mom that she loved her.  She got pretty tired out after a while so we stopped.  I am sure that many more will hear from her in due time so hang in there sports fans.

She may get moved to a step-down unit tomorrow; we shall see. They are going to really try to get her “rolling” now that she can breathe on her own.

Today was a good beginning and answer to my prayers.  I am very happy for Melissa.  But don't stop now you prayer warriors and positive thinkers, we AWL have more work to do.

*I will not be doing daily updates.  I might be boring people.  There is not much to say unless  there is a GOOD major or minor change.  If that makes you sad let me know.  I have so much to do at night with the Pups, small work tasks, our personal business and I need my rest to process.

**Don’t confuse the fictitious tribe Mic-O-Say with the Hekawi Tribe on “F-Troop”.

2 comments:

  1. What lovely touching news, Todd! Great news. Don't worry... write when you can... rest! You have so much to do and it seems all in a positive direction. Love to all and thanks infinitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. janet and I follow faithfully. only when it moves you! todd , you are her beacon of hope!
    love,
    bart and Janet

    ReplyDelete